Sang Heon Lee On His Acting Debut with XO, Kitty, Netflix's Upcoming To All the Boys Spin-Off Series
For those who enjoyed Netflix's beloved rom-com series To All the Boys, get ready for its upcoming spin-off series XO, Kitty which is set to release this year. The cast will feature Lara Jean's younger sister, Kitty Song, played by Anna Cathcart as the main protagonist, while Daniel Sang Heon Lee will make his acting debut as MinHo in the show.
The twosome will be joined by regulars Choi Min-Yeong from Dream Palace, Peter Thurnwald from Players, Anthony Keyvan from Love, Victor, Gia Kim and Regan Aliyah from Club Mickey Mouse.
While this may be his first gig, Sang Heon has many more to come and is a name to look out for. Here, Sang Heon shares with us his thoughts on the upcoming series and the inspirations behind his work.
1. How and when did you discover your passion for acting and modelling?
Honestly, it came from loving to watch films. It fascinated me how the characters can touch your soul and mind when we’re only the third perspective. As for modelling, I just did it for fun and for the money when it was hard to earn.
2. How would you describe your upbringing and how has that influenced your career and who you are today?
My parents were always telling me I don’t have to be perfect but always be nice to others. Which leads me to think in any situation there's always a positive factor.
3. The upcoming film Gran Turismo wrapped filming in November, how has the experience been?
I learned a lot, considering it was my second gig and my first time on a film set. I learned to appreciate more and adapt better.
As Bruce Lee said, “Be water, my friend”.
4. Congratulations on being casted in XO, Kitty as the spinoff series to Netflix’s hit show To All the Boys! How has this experience been and what can we look forward to in the series?
It was surreal. First gig, first TV show, series regular…my mind was racing the whole time. Actor boot camp for me really. You can look forward to how Kitty is grown up in this series and look out for new actors on Netflix that the public doesn’t know of!
5. Who do you look up to in acting?
Matthew McConaughey. Brilliant actor and human being. Never met him in person of course, but from the famous Oscar speech he gave to the audience I have faith in him. I believe he’s a good example of, “before being a phenomenal actor, you have to be a good human being”.
6. How do you spend your free time?
I spend most of my time in bouldering gyms. I’m also a huge foodie so I explore or try places my friends recommend.
7. Are there any other upcoming projects that you can share with us?
No upcoming projects but if XO, Kitty Season two does happen that's something I should look forward to.
All imagery is provided by Sang Heon Lee.