Perched high in the hills of the breath-taking Ceylon tea region, Resplendent Ceylon has created a luxury escape comprised of five authentic, yet perfectly furnished, tea-planter bungalows. The tea trails themselves take visitors through working tea plantations whilst a guided tour of the Dunklen Tea Factory, guided nature walk and the 'Tea Planter's Picnic Lunch' make up just a selection of the other activities and experiences on offer. Bernard Holsinger is the highly experienced, resident tea-planter who offers his expertise in intimate 'tea-tasting' sessions overlooking the imposing Ceylon hills. Here, he shares with us his top five tips on how to celebrate the ubiquitous commodity.
Introduction by Sophie Whittley.
1) Brew with care and intent. Drinking tea is a very personal and calming experience and it should be brewed the same. Unhurried.
2) There are many health benefits to drinking tea as is, however, adding fresh ginger and honey amplifies those benefits and an earthy, comforting flavour.
3) Take slow sips. This allows you to notice flavours, sensations, any textures around the tongue and appreciate the tea a whole lot better.
4) Teatime is a special time in Sri Lanka and is best paired with a comforting view. At Ceylon Tea Trails, you are spoilt for choice when it comes to scenic vistas.
5. Tea paired with cuisine in yet another way to appreciate it. The tea-infused dinner at Ceylon Tea Trails is a signature culinary experience.
All images courtesy of Resplendent Ceylon.